At Dayton Heart and Vascular Hospital at Good Samaritan, heart care takes many forms. Treating a heart attack. Placing a stent. Correcting an irregular heartbeat. surgery; and rehabilitation. Whatever the heart care need, we deliver it with exceptional care. That means quicker recoveries, shorter stays, and better outcomes.
Whether it’s an advanced, minimally-invasive procedure or care to prevent a heart attack from happening, Dayton Heart and Vascular Hospital can help. We provide a full range of cardiac care with the latest techniques and technology, including sophisticated diagnostics, advanced surgical capabilities and comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation. Our experienced, board-certified physicians specialize in complex procedures. They are a team of professionals dedicated to cardiac health, leading with care.
Our Cardiology Services
- Sophisticated monitoring systems including immediate EKG readings via EMS on the scene and imaging technology in our Emergency Department.
- Diagnostic testing for identifying cardiac diseases and conditions
- Diagnostic catheterizations to find blockages in the arteries that feed the heart, assess heart valves for leakage or identify abnormalities within the heart since birth.
- Cardiac interventional procedures, such as balloon angioplasty, coronary and peripheral stenting that treat and repair diseases within the coronary arteries.
- Electrophysiology Lab where procedures that assess and repair irregular heartbeats are performed.
- Open-heart surgery, includes coronary bypass grafting, heart surgery, and valve repair or replacement.
- Thoracic Surgery corrects disorders and diseases affecting the organs inside the chest, including the lungs, chest wall, and diaphragm
- Cardiovascular Recovery Room is a specialized recovery room only for open heart surgery patients
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) Intensive Care unit that specializes in the care of cardiac patients-medical, post-surgery and post-intervention.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation gets our patients on the road to recovery
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Heart and Vascular Wellness Center provides outpatient disease management to reduce hospital readmissions while assisting patients to maintain a better quality of life.
Don’t Give Your Heart to Just Anyone. Trust Premier Health.
With as much compassion as we have commitment, facilities located throughout the region, and an extensive, experienced physician network Premier Health offers award-winning, quality heart care close to home.
If you or a loved one would like to learn more about Premier Health’s cardiovascular services and programs, please call (937) 499-7427(937) 499-7427.
Content Updated: April 4, 2017