GSH Cardiac Rehabilitation is a comprehensive program providing patients with a structured exercise plan, risk factor counseling, education, and periodic evaluation. Physicians, registered dietitians, exercise physiologists and nurses work together to create an individualized recovery plan with the goal of strengthening and improving your heart while returning you to an active life.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at Good Samaritan North Health Center is accredited by the American Academy of Cardiovascular Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
Eligible conditions include:
- Angina attacks
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart attack recovery
- Open heart surgery
- Stent insertion
- Valve repair or replacement
The cardiac rehabilitation program is divided into four phases:
- Phase One begins while the patient still recovering in the hospital from a cardiac event or surgery. The goal of rehabilitation during this phase is to increase activity and strength through a monitored and structured exercise program.
- Phase Two starts after the patient hasreturned home. With the physician's permission, the patient will continue as an outpatient while advancing in the recovery plan. Phase two includes an individual assessment, tailored exercise program with individual supervision, cardiac monitoring and education classes. Education classes include:
- Cardiac risk reduction strategies
- Developing healthy eating habits
- Reducing stress
- Smoking cessation (if needed)
- Phase Three offers unmonitored group exercise classes supervised by a registered nurse and exercise physiologist - and still requires physician approval. Most medical insurance plans DO NOT cover this program. However, it is offered for a nominal monthly fee.
- Phase Four moves the patient to an independent exercise program in a fitness environment. Medical personnel are available in the center but do not monitor your activities. There is a monthly self pay fee for this program.
Learn more about Cardiac Rehabilitation at Good Samaritan North Health Center:
GSH Cardiac Rehabilitation services are available at Good Samaritan North Health Center and can be reached at (937) 734-5720. A physician referral is required to participate.
What do I do next?
DISCLAIMER: Good Samaritan Hospital does not have any control over the content of third-party websites and neither endorses nor accepts any responsibility for the content, products, and services on or sold on these websites. The symbol indicates a third-party website.