Good Samaritan Hospital Intensive Care Unit
Dedicated to providing acute care and treatment to patients after a major surgery or other serious illness or injury, the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) offers comprehensive, high-quality care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our modern facility is well equipped to provide the best intensive care available, and our specially trained ICU staff members are experts in all aspects of acute patient care.
A High Standard of Care
GSH’s recently enlarged and renovated 29,000-square-foot ICU offers an extremely high standard of care. Every aspect of the ICU has been carefully thought out so that each member of the ICU team can attend to patients’ multiple, varying, and ever-changing needs.
The ICU is a modern, well-designed facility with many amenities.
- It has 29 private rooms, all designed with soothing décor
- Each room is large (15’ by 15’), with a window so the patients can see daylight, a privacy curtain, and a breakaway door for quick access in emergencies
- The unit’s four large nursing stations are designed so that every patient can be seen from one of the stations
- The generously sized waiting room is divided into smaller areas for family privacy
- The unit has its own satellite pharmacy, arterial blood gas lab, and respiratory area located on the same floor to allow for rapid turn around
The ICU Team
A multidisciplinary team carefully coordinates the care of each ICU patient. Team members include:
- Advanced practice nurse (APN)
- Registered nurse (RN)
- Respiratory therapist
- Physical therapist
- Case manager
- Pastoral care team member
GSH’s ICU is staffed by a specially trained nurse who is staff certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and other intensive care treatments that are required in caring for severely ill patients. In addition, our ICU has an Acute Changes Team made up of ICU nurses who are dispatched throughout the hospital to check on patients who are experiencing a change in condition.
Good Samaritan Hospital
2222 Philadelphia Dr.
Dayton, OH 45406
Hours of Operation:
The ICU is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.