Good Samaritan Hospital Laboratory Services
Laboratory testing plays a huge role in diagnosing and treating patients. In fact, on average, between 70 and 80 percent of all medical decisions are based on laboratory data. The Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) lab performs more than 1 million tests a year—tests that save countless lives by detecting unknown health problems and aiding in the diagnosis and treatment of existing conditions.
A Well-Oiled Machine
Recently renovated, the Laboratory Services Department at GSH is a state-of-the-art, full-service lab that operates onsite 24/7. The department offers a very large menu of tests—including thousands of different diagnostic tests, biopsy readings, and screenings. Some of the services we provide are:
- Cardiac profiles
- Blood lipids tests
- Cancer screenings
- Cultures and sensitivities
- Type and cross matches to common chemistry tests that help diagnose liver and heart problems
- In-house flow cytometry
- Specialized proteins
- Auto-immune testing
We know that we hold patients’ futures under our microscopes, and we work to bring answers to doctors and patients as quickly as possible. In fact, we pride ourselves on producing accurate results for many tests in 40 minutes or less because we know that doctors and patients often don’t have the luxury of time.
The Best of the Best
One of the reasons that GSH’s Laboratory Services runs so smoothly is that our people are the best at what they do. Our team consists of:
- Pathologists who are responsible for medical direction throughout the lab and specialize in examining surgical and other types of specimens
- Clinical lab scientists and technicians who run a great majority of the tests
- Cytotechnologists who perform the initial evaluation of Pap smears and non-gynecologic specimens
- Histotechnologists who prepare the tissues for pathologists to read
- Phlebotomists who draw blood from patients
- Other support staff, such as client service representatives, department assistants, and medical transcriptionists
Good Samaritan Hospital
2222 Philadelphia Dr.
Dayton, OH 45406
Hours of Operation:
Laboratory Services is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Good Samaritan North Health Center
9000 N Main St
Dayton, OH 45415
Good Samaritan Health Center – Huber Heights
6251 Good Samaritan Way
Huber Heights, OH 45424
For information, call (937) 734-8320.
The lab is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Joint Commission. The laboratory is located at GSH’s main campus and supports inpatient hospital care along with easy access outpatient care.