Working at Good Samaritan Hospital
Join a Nationally Recognized Leader in Health Care
Founded in 1932, Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) has a rich history of caring for the Dayton community. Today the hospital is a vibrant, multi-campus operation and a leading provider of inpatient and outpatient health care services. A full-service teaching facility, the hospital provides advanced services in cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedics, neuroscience, diagnostics, and women’s health. It is also home to the Good Samaritan North Health Center, one of the largest freestanding outpatient facilities.
Good Samaritan Hospital’s Services Include:
Samaritan Cancer Center
Samaritan Cancer Center is the only center in Dayton—and one of only 39 nationwide—to receive the Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement award. The center’s unique approach to care, in which an advanced medical team jointly reviews and plans each patient’s care, provides the utmost in medical attention, and individualized diagnosis and treatment.
Heart and Vascular Hospital
Recognized for its excellence in cardiovascular care, GSH’s heart program is led by physicians who are board certified specialists and who offer the latest in emergency heart and vascular care, surgery, stenting and catheterization services, implantable heart devices, and diagnostic testing.
The Joint Replacement Center
The Joint Replacement Center performs leading-edge joint-replacement surgeries. Nationally recognized for the last four years, the center specializes in hip and knee replacements and in getting patients back to their family and daily routines.
The Center for Sports Medicine
The Center for Sports Medicine offers a sports performance enhancement, prevention, and rehabilitation program focused on getting athletes back in the game after an injury.
- For 2011, HealthGrades ranks Good Sam among the top 10% of U.S. hospitals for critical care.
- Our treatment of heart attack and heart failure both was rated five-star for Good Sam by HealthGrades for 2011.
- For 2011, HealthGrades ranks Good Sam among the top 10% of U.S. hospitals for pulmonary care. Good Sam received the HealthGrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ and five-star ratings for overall pulmonary care and for the treatment of pneumonia.
- For the third consecutive year, Good Sam is rated Best in the Dayton Region* for Joint Replacement Surgery for 2011, and was rated five-star for the 4th consecutive year.
- The Emergency Department at Good Samaritan Hospital is identified as one of only 255 hospitals in the U.S. to receive the HealthGrades 2010 Emergency Medicine Excellence Award.
- GSH has been rated number one in Ohio for vascular surgery and best in Dayton for joint replacement surgery by HealthGrades, the leading independent healthcare ratings organization for 2010.
- Good Samaritan Hospital is one of only 269 hospitals In the U.S. to receive the 2010 HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™.
- GSH was named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top-rated hospitals in the nation for respiratory disorders care in its 20th annual Best Hospitals issue. 2009-2010
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence 2008 from Healthgrades
- Solucient Top 100 for Cardiovascular 2007 for the fifth time
- Joint Commission Gold Seal Certifications in four specialties—Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Coronary Bypass Surgery (first in the Nation) and Breast Cancer (first in the Nation)
- HealthGrades—Best Orthopedics in the Dayton area, 2003 – 2007
- HealthGrades—Best in Dayton area for Vascular Surgery, 2001 – 2006
- Commission on Cancer Award, 2006
The nearly 3,300 employees working at GSH characterize the culture as one of a warm, caring extended family dedicated to exceptional patient care. GSH offers a competitive compensation and benefits program, outstanding continuing education opportunities, an environment focused on excellence, and a strong commitment to cultural diversity.
If you’d like to be part of the Good Samaritan Hospital team, use our online application system to search available positions and submit your resume.
We invite you to learn more about GSH and all it has to offer you.
Good Samaritan Hospital
Online Application Process
If you’d like to be part of our team of caring health care professionals, use our online application system to search open positions at GSH and submit your resume electronically. Or contact our Human Resources Department at (937) 276-TEAM (8326) between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm.